I am looking for a Principal Economist to work with for a government agency to cover construction projects across the South West. This is a...
I am looking for a Principal Economist to work with for a government agency to cover construction projects across the South West. This is a strategic position within the agency as you will be required to develop standards, realise Value for Money and manage a team of economists to provide an effective service. You should have the curiosity and desire to consider not just to consider financial value but also the welfare, geographical and micro/macro impacts of the business decisions. The position offers an excellent salary and benefits package for the successful candidate.
You will be required to undertake the following:-
- Lead the creation of an analytical and modelling platform to assess the impacts of activities on the economy and environment from a number of analytical modules
- Develop the capability of the business to identify, measure and track the wider impact of large construction schemes, providing expert advice
- Be the Lead on assessing Value for Money for projects as a business case, and providing expert analysis to be communicated to project teams and non-specialists
- Provide governance via the directorate for the Value for Money
- Working with internal stakeholders to develop new methods of economic analysis
- Utilising the client's processes to assist and develop ideas that are mutually beneficial to both the client and the agency
You should be able to demonstrate
- Experience in a similar role
- Evidence of previously having been a Value for Money exponent for the business
- Managing a team of economists
- "Thinking outside of the box" attitude to Value for Money decision making
- Evidence where decisions have been made based on your recommendations as a Value for Money expert
An excellent remuneration plan plus benefits package is available to the successful candidate to include
- An excellent annual leave scheme starting at 26 days
- Up to 10% employer contribution pension
- Up to 10% bonus
Is this your next role as a Principal Economist? If so press "APPLY" to submit your CV and to have a confidential discussion with our retained consultant.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.