Software Engineer The team in Edinburgh does the development, maintenance and release of software which provides the switch management functionality for all switch products. They...
Software Engineer - Pressure Engineering 6 Month Contract (Extensions very likely / similar permanent contracts also available)
Competitive and negotiable Salary
Leicester, LE6 0FH
We are recruiting a Software Engineer to join our client's 100 strong Engineering Team, supporting projects in industries such as automotive (including F1), metrological, hydrology and oil & gas.
Our client's pressure sensors and instrumentation products are market leaders across the globe. Whether you're flying in the stratosphere, drilling on the sea bed, or somewhere in between, our client has the sensor technology customers trust. Your ideas and expertise will enhance the business. All sensors and instrument products are developed in house, and you'll be exposed to the whole development lifecycle, as well as getting the buzz of seeing your products manufactured and sold to our customers.
- Reporting to the Software Manager, providing technical software engineering solutions
- Ensuring requirements are translated correctly into cohesive development & verification solutions
- Experience of implementing embedded firmware with an RTOS (e.g. uC/OS, Free RTOS)
- Development of embedded software/firmware (C/C++/C#)
- Implementation of digital communications protocols (TCP/IP, CANBUS, MODBUS, RS485, SPI, I2C)
- Debugging and problem investigation of software/firmware
- Contribution in the definition of product and software/firmware architecture and design decisions
- Potential to work upon the development, programming and debugging of software including:
- Embedded platforms
- Mobile/Tablet platformsDesktop software
- Verification and testing of software/firmware
- Web applications
If you value varied team work and enjoy being challenged in technical problem solving, we want to hear from you! Attractive salary & benefits package and development opportunities on offer.
To apply for this position please click the apply button or to hear more about this role, please call Lewis on 01296 311323.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.