Are you an experienced commercial property developer?Do you have industry experience in aviation or rail?I want to hear from you! A leading Aviation company has...
Enterprise JAVA Software Developer
12 Months initial
37 hours per week basic - Adhoc overtime may be required
Our client, a world leading Space Satellite technology company are currently looking for an experienced Full Stack JAVA developer to join their Portsmouth site on a contract basis.
The job holder will be member to a critical mission team, delivering advanced Satellite payload solutions to international governments, companies and organisations.
- The department develops and supports a number of key software products used during the manufacture of satellite payloads based out of the company site in Portsmouth.
- Experience of modern development methodologies is paramount, with fluency in Maven, CI (Jenkins) and Test Driven Development.
- The complex and critical products are a mix of architectures and languages satisfying various customer (internal and external) needs.
- As well as maintaining and developing current software products, a number of legacy C++ products need to be re-architected in Java to fulfil customer requirements.
- The successful candidate must show experience and previous knowledge in designing software architectures utilising Java EE/Spring technologies across windows/Linux application archetypes as well as with Relational/NoSQL database server, setup, performance tuning, replication etc.
Agile SCRUM and full SDLC experience with JIRA / TFS
Application and Service software architect background in Java on both Windows and Linux platforms, XML, JSON messaging / IDE (Eclipse / IDEA) Data Modelling skills / Data Transformation Services / Design patterns / SQL / User Interface Design Skills / Relational and NoSQL Databases.
Windows & Linux configurations (physical and virtual) of Servers & Clients
Network appreciation (basic LAN etc)
Required Qualification Level:
Full-stack Software Developer 5 yrs + relevant experience
Demonstrable experience of developing client/server or distributed software solutions in Java.
Good working knowledge of database architecture and design.
Experienced in XML,JSON based messaging.
Problem solving and the ability to think laterally as part of a team or individually to meet the needs of the project.
The ability to work unsupervised, within a team on multiple and concurrent tasks to tight deadlines
Extensive software development experience:
- Java 8 (5+ years' experience)
- Importance of TDD
- Scalable distributed server side architecture experience
- Documentation skills (UML)
- Server Side applications (Java 8, AKKA/ Spring (Boot, IO, Integration/ RDBMS / NoSQL Db frameworks)
- Connectivity and protocol stack experience (sockets TCP/UDP)
- Can work independently and quickly to a high standard
- TDD experience (HTTPUnit/DbUnit/XMLUnit,JUnit, etc.)
- Agile (Scrum/Kanban : Jira)
- Jenkins / Maven
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.