B1 B757Alton, HampshireCarbon60 are looking for a number of B1 Licensed Engineers typed and current on the B757 for a contract position based in Lasham,...
Role: Enterprise Java Developer
12 month initial contract
We are looking for an experienced Java developer with enterprise experience to work on modern development methodologies the defence and space industry.
The department develops and supports a number of key software products used during the manufacture of satellite payloads based out of the Portsmouth site.
The complex and critical products are a mix of architectures and languages satisfying various customer (internal and external) needs.
As well as maintaining and developing current software products, a number of legacy C++ products need to be re-architected in Java to fulfil customer requirements.
The successful candidate must show experience and previous knowledge in designing software architectures utilising Java EE/Spring technologies across windows/Linux application archetypes as well as with Relational/NoSQL database server, setup, performance tuning, replication etc.
What do we need?
A full stack developer who can interpret written and verbal business requirements and technical specs to design, develop, test (unit & regression) and deliver developments to agreed timescales, with the resultant software being architecturally sound and scalable.
What will you be doing?
- The implementation and development of current software applications and process for current and future software platforms used within the design / testing a satellite payload during manufacture.
- Writing, debugging and validation of software components migrating to future software architectures and databases, but there may be required some support of the current software builds.
- Working closely with the software testers to resolve defects as well as contributing to the code coverage of products by generating unit tests.
- Providing software support to live projects using the products.
- Java 8 experience (must be able to demonstrate high level of expertise)
- UI realisation (XHTML/JavScript libraries)
- Experienced in XML / JSON based messaging
- Working knowledge of database architecture and design
- Server side applications (AKKA/ Boot/ IO/ RDBMS / NoSQL Db frameworks)
- Agile (scrum/Kanban)
- Connectivity and protocol stack experience (sockets TCP/UDP)
We need a good player, self-starter, reactive person who can also help mentor and lead people based on capabilities.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.