Senior Systems Engineer As a Systems Engineer, to conduct systems engineering activities, either alone on a small project or as part of a larger project...
Senior Systems Engineer - Greenford
To meet both current and future demand from Projects and improve the overall capability of the Systems Engineering Team
- Effective management and execution of project Work Packages.
- Understanding and reviewing requirements documentation
- Conducting System Engineering using the outputs of the various engineering teams
- Defining the system's sub-systems and their requirements including hardware and software
- Developing and continually refining the system acceptance strategy, and verification method for each system requirement. This includes writing the Acceptance Management Plan and Test Specifications.
- Ensuring the specification, design and acceptance are fully traceable
- Ensuring compliance of the design to the technical requirements and project constraints (e.g. cost)
- Deriving, defining and documenting:
- System Acceptance Test Specifications,
- System Functional Test/Factory Acceptance Test Procedures
- Assist with writing the project System Requirements Specifications
- Assist with developing and documenting the System Design through System Design Specifications and Interface Specifications
- Attending training and becoming suitably qualified and experienced to operate equipment independently
- Adhering to all safety work instructions
- Assisting engineers with engineering testing
- Conducting integration testing
- Conducting system testing
- Conducting formal testing in conjunction with QA team
- Providing adequate descriptions and recording of defects such that they can be investigated by other engineers
- Supporting fault investigation
- Supporting the safety verification process as required
- Supporting the engineering teams as required
- HNC/HND or equivalent in a relevant subject (Engineering or Computer Science)
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering best practices and common pitfalls.
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering methodologies , processes and tools
- Appreciation of electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering.
- Knowledge of the Systems Engineering lifecycles.
- Awareness of safety issues.
- Experience of Systems Engineering in the defence industry or other relevant environment.
- Experience of the use of Systems Engineering tools.
- Experience of the whole Systems lifecycle.
- Experience of conducting engineering activities in accordance with structured business processes
- Occasional need for worldwide travel and being away from home for reasonable lengths of time.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.