Senior Software Engineer Weymouth To support the software development lifecycle consisting of requirements analysis, design, implementation, test and verification in order to deliver software components...
Senior/Principal Systems Engineer
You will be responsible for managing and conducting System Engineering activities throughout the complete lifecycle of a project, including acting as a project System Design Authority (SDA). A Systems Engineer will be responsible for:
- Contribute to the technical direction for their allocated scope.
- Estimate the hours and duration required for own tasks.
- Support planning input to project schedules and deliver own work commensurate with those plans.
- Contribute information to project reports and mentor junior staff.
- Responsible for application of the Systems Engineering Lifecycle as defined in UESS the Quality Web.
- Accountable for Requirements Management across the relevant programmes.
- Responsible for the application of transversal engineering disciplines (Environmental & EMC Qualification, Safety, Security, Human Factors, ARM, ILS) across the relevant programmes.
- Preparation for, and Support to, key Engineering Reviews and Verification and Acceptance Events.
- Utilisation of the company preferred Systems Engineering toolset
- Responsible for Disposition of Engineering issues, FRACAS and DRACAS.
- Preparation and Review of key Systems Engineering documents, reports and papers.
- Production of high quality formal design and verification engineering documentation.
- Regular verbal and written communication with internal and external
- Stakeholders/customers/suppliers at an intermediate level
- Work with multinational teams including government officials.
- Handle information of a sensitive, confidential or secret nature.
- Possible supervision of junior employees (within teams) to ensure that they fulfil their roles and meet targets effectively and on a timely basis to agreed quality standards.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in Engineering or Engineering related discipline.
- Experience of delivering Systems Engineering activities on multiple applications/projects.
- Understanding and experience of the application of the Systems Engineering Lifecycle and 'V-Model' across the full programme lifecycle.
- Experience of Requirements Management (Elicitation, Derivation, Decomposition, Flow-down, Verification & Validation) across the full programme lifecycle.
- Knowledge of the Systems Engineering tools (or DOORS® Preferred).
- Broad knowledge of Systems Engineering methodologies processes and tools.
- Experienced in synthesising high-level requirements through to design requirements.
- Experienced in developing verification / validation / acceptance plans and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task, including working on more than one project concurrently.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to express ideas, share technical information and communicate at all levels
- Ability to write clear, concise, well structured, technical documents.
- Willingness to embrace new technology and ability to manage technical risks effectively.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.