Carbon60 are recruiting for a commercial Gas Engineers for a dynamic Facilities Management, Process Engineering and Building Services provider. The successful Gas Engineer will carry...
Client: Leading UK Retailer
Role: Product Engineer / Site Reliability Engineer
Basis: 6 month contract
Working within the Platform team, you'll be responsible for building automated infrastructure and deployment processes. You'll be the subject matter expert on operational excellence and how systems can be built to be resilient, scalable, and observable. This involves expertise in areas such as infrastructure, configuration management, security, monitoring, deployment and operating systems.
- Provide and maintain strong technical expertise in the key platform technologies used by the client, with a deep and broad understanding of their technical and functional operation.
- Building a self-serviced infrastructure provisioning, delivery pipelines, and log / monitoring services.
- Improving release frequency and service availability.
- Participating in development of new services within the AWS platform.
- Bring an operational perspective to the work of the Product teams, suggesting ways to help the systems scale further, better and more easily.
- Be able to lead resolution of high priority and complex problems.
- Strong understanding of security design principles.
- 2+ years Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration using Kubernetes.
- Proven technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience.
- Experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment.
- Strong Jenkins background and experience with build pipelines.
- A deep understanding of the target operating system.
- Experience of multiple programming languages
- ITIL Service Management methodology, ideally v3.
- Previous experience within Development, Technical Service, and/or IT Operations.
- Previous experience in a product centric environment an advantage.
Please apply below!
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.