Software Engineer The team in Edinburgh does the development, maintenance and release of software which provides the switch management functionality for all switch products. They...
The team in Edinburgh does the development, maintenance and release of software which provides the switch management functionality for all switch products. They require a flexible and knowledgeable software engineer with experience of test of similar products to improve and initially contribute to the test capability within the Edinburgh office. Once established transition will be made to developing Ethernet switch management software.
They could consider a Graduate for this role.
The role will initially focus on the test and validation aspects of development, where the innovative testing solutions currently in use require augmentation and improvement. The candidate will then transition towards a development and support role, with the opportunity to develop further expertise in areas such as network switching protocols, Linux kernel development or Security. A background in Ethernet, protocol development and test would be an advantage.
Primary Purpose of the Role
- Design and implementation of software as part of a team of varied experience.
- Participate and contribute to design and functional specification reviews
- Ensure that code developed meets quality and design criteria
- Work closely with the developers in Edinburgh and globally during the development and release cycle.
- Close collaboration with our hardware designers in UK and US.
- Initially development and maintenance of test software for use during testing of test and release cycles.
- Production of documentation with other team members and Technical Authors.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Test.
Qualifications and requirements
- Degree in Electronics, Computer Science or related degree.
- A good understanding of C
- Experience in working with Linux/GNU environment
- Knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, Ethernet, etc)
- Strong problem solving skills creative and solution-building skills.
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies.
- An understanding of scripting languages - Python, Bash and TCL.
- Some exposure to test frameworks such as Jenkins.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Displays curiosity and ability to analyse and drive improvements to processes and workflows.
- Desirable - Database knowledge
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.