Integration Engineer We are looking for an Integration Engineer to join the team responsible for the analysis, design, development and delivery of our Airline programmes....
We are looking for an Integration Engineer to join the team responsible for the analysis, design, development and delivery of our Airline programmes. This will include completing the delivery of currently scoped developments as well as future functionality and enhancements to the existing solutions. This is a wide ranging technical role that will require the successful candidate to play an analyst and integration role in activities including design and development, system integration, acceptance testing, service introduction, and hand-off to operations. The successful applicant must be self-motivated and be capable of completing complex tasks with minimum supervision and have the confidence and ability to promote improvements and introduce new technologies. This business unit is currently going through significant growth and this role will evolve to reflect the changing business needs. This position requires the ability to travel.
- Design and deliver solutions to airlines in time, on budget and to requirements.
- Integrate and deliver the technical and architectural aspects of software based products to ensure consistency, quality and architectural integrity,
- Hands-on integration and development of key technical components, frameworks, interfaces and services.
- Participate and contribute to design reviews, including review of detailed functional specifications,
- Develop test procedures in support of test campaigns and performance evaluation exercises,
- Create and maintain technical documentation to ensure efficient planning and execution
- Manage and maintain all required design and engineering documents.
- Work closely with other teams within Service Delivery, to ensure proper detailed, documented handover to Operations.
- Work with solution vendors and internal stakeholders to define and design new services and features to improve performance or meet new service requirements.
- Review existing software and infrastructure to identify areas for improvement, added scalability, quality, performance, security maintainability and architectural integrity.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- University degree level or equivalent in Computing Science, Telecommunications or related technical discipline
- Excellent capacity at debugging complex systems, developing and implementing quick fixes as well as leading and delivering long term permanent solutions to problems.
- Extensive experience on Linux scripting / administration.
- Ability to quickly develop proof of concepts / prototypes from scratch
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP stack
- Excellent knowledge of iptables / iproute / tc stack
- Proven experience in operating WiFi networks and their optimization.
- Proven experience in integration programmes involving customers, suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Proven track record in managing delivery timelines and ability to define and respect milestones.
- Proven experience in documenting and describing complex systems.
- Methodical approach to designing and testing systems
- Proven experience with databases (PostgreSQL)
- Proficiency with SELinux and good systems security understanding.
- Excellent organisational skills and communication skills
- Knowledge and experience of the complete software life cycle
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.