Carbon60 is currently looking for experienced EASA Part 66 CAT A Mechanics to work a line maintenance contract in Leeds.We are looking for an experienced...
Concessions Technical Lead - Contract & Permanent.
In order to develop and expand the capabilities of my client in the UK, who are looking for a Concession Technical Lead to reinforce their Aerostructure department.
Based at our customer site in Lancashire, you will be responsible on the assigned project for the execution of Design Engineering activities relating to metallic / composites aerospace structures.
- Respond to Production Non Conformance Repairs
- Support the internal team (Onsite or Offsite) with the execution of Production Non Conformance Repairs.
- Liaise with customer stakeholders (Engineering or Manufacturing) to clarify Design or Stress inputs data related to deviations on Composite/Metallic structures.
- Liaise with customer focal to review priorities between activities and schedule execution of activities with internal team
- Ensure quality of deliveries with a structured check process.
- Monitor the KPI (On time Delivery, On Quality Delivery) of the technical activities delivered.
- Develop Continuous Improvement opportunities (5 whys, Value Stream Mapping).
- Basic reporting (4 boxes)
- Monitoring of team performance
- Develop the lessons learnt and knowledge management.
- Adhere to the Project deliverable acceptance process.
- Capability to produce clear and concise technical documentation including stack up tolerances, design reports, Engineering Release Notes, Functional specifications, DFMEA.
Qualification & Skills
- MEng in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience/combined education.
- 4 years minimum of experience in the technical activities mentioned above.
- Experience with previous Aero structure programs.
- Technical expertise consolidated on previous projects, with the development of complex parts (Composite and Metallic).
- Experience with Honeycomb structure
- Experience of carrying out classification of requirements on drawings
- Proven experience with ISO/British tolerance standard (BS8888) and complex chains of dimensions/stack up tolerances.
- Good experience with Catia V5, TeamCenter
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials and related thermal treatments, material protections and coatings.
- Ability to work to tight, demanding deadlines and customer demands
- Team spirit/Ability to work effectively within a transnational project team
- Customer focused/Ability to establish credibility with internal and external customers.
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility for own work within a team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Testing of Metallic or Composite structures
Desirable technical skills
- Previous experience on Nacelles development
- Model Based GD&T.
- Ability to perform basic design calculations such as interference fits, thermal growths, hoop and tensile stresses, thread loadings to support detail designs
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - able to confidently present status reports to Management.
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Previous experience of delegated Design check and Signature of reports.
For more information please get in contact with Jamie Birch at Carbon60 on 01329 227006.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.