Engineer for NDT In-Service BASED IN fILTONLooking for a new challenge with a major player in the aerospace and defence League?A temporary vacancy for an...
Newport, South Wales
In order to develop and expand the capabilities of my client in the UK, a Flammability Engineer is required.
- Validate dispositions as part of approval signatory team, to manufacturing non- conformances and repair solutions where necessary
- Reviews all relevant technical specifications for the project including delivery matrices, customer finish specifications, and general arrangement engineering drawings.
- Participates in design reviews by supporting the design team in all in-house and customer design reviews by being familiar with the proposed interior units and finishes with the ability to identify and address potential problematic material combinations and proposing methods of showing compliance during the review.
- Prepares flammability substantiation documents, such as flammability test plans and flammability test reports to show compliance to applicable regulatory requirements
- Responsible to prepare all documents related to the flammability substantiation of an assigned unit.
- Apply principles from Flammability Engineering manual.
- Conducts Peer reviews of test plans and reports for quality and accuracy.
- Coordinates assigned project with design engineers, program managers and production managers.
- Responsible for approving engineering drawings and engineering change notices (ECNs) that are particular to his/her project.
- The flammability engineer's signature on a drawing or ECN indicates that the new design or design change is approved; that is, the subject part, its end item, and the aircraft on which the end item is installed are all acceptable for flammability, and initiates a test plan to substantiate the change if necessary.
- Responsible for a general understanding of the testing protocol used in the flammability lab for certification of the products referenced within assigned test plan and/or report.
- Assigning proper test codes for Bunsen burner, heat release & smoke.
- Review all relevant technical specification for the project including trim & finish specifications and general arrangement drawings.
- Conduct peer reviews of test plans and reports.
- Create high quality test plans and reports.
- Coordinate assigned project with Design and program managers
Candidate skills & requirements
- Degree level or equivalent, MSc preferred, with a minimum of 4 years' experience.
- Able to establish similarity for Bunsen burner, heat release and smoke requirements. Knows and applies fundamental concepts, practices and procedures in field.
- Excellent knowledge of Aerospace Cabin interior systems
- Able to establish similarity for Bunsen burner, heat release & smoke requirements. Knows and applies fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in field Knowledge of principles from Flammability Engineering manual.
- Excellent knowledge of computerized design and analysis methods (CATIA V5)
- Good knowledge of aerospace Composite/Metallic materials and manufacturing processes
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office
- Knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management (PDM)Customer focused/Ability to establish credibility with internal and external customers
- Awareness of A/C industry standards, regulations and qualification requirements
- Good English verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work to tight, demanding deadlines and customer demands
- Ability to work effectively within an integrated project team
For more information please get in contact with Jamie Birch at Carbon60 on 01329 227006
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.