Summary of Role
Work within Integrated project teams to provide project planning, risk management and cost control support. Generate variance analysis information to support programme decisions making and guide teams in use of PM processes.
- Responsible for integrity of Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) ensuring that all activities, events and milestone are logically linked and fully resourced with labour hours, materials, subcontract payments and reserves. Perform analysis such as critical path, schedule risk and variance analysis. The IMS is required to be statused weekly/monthly, aligned to the fiscal calendar and provide an accurate Cost to Complete (EAC) for financial reporting.
- To carry out independent analysis of trend data and provision of metrics for review at Programme Monthly Review Boards.
- Ensure contractual and programme changes are incorporated into the IMS to maintain a realistic baseline, maintain analyse and provide Earned Value reports and guide the Integrated Project Team on the use of EVMS.
- To monitor the Programme Timesheet Bookings and report unexpected bookings to contracts
- Responsible for ensuring the Programme follows the Company Risk Manager Process. The facilitation of Programme Risk Review Boards (Internal and External), risk identification and documentation and risk analysis. Identification and tracking of mitigation actions and reporting.
- Support to the Programme Manager, CAMs and Programme Accountant to establish budget authorisations. Monthly collation and analysis of finance data such as schedule derived Estimates to Complete (ETCs).
- Development of Programme Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and Organisational Breakdown Structures (OBS).
- To support Bid and Proposal activities through the collation and transfer of Basis of Estimates into the Pricing Team.
- Travel to other UK Sites (UK, Europe and USA) may be required.
- Must be able to demonstrate professional knowledge of working in a Project/Programme Control environment.
- Experience of Microsoft Project 2003/2010
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to support and guide Programme Managers and their Teams
- Good written and verbal communication skills across all levels of the business
- Good IT skills with the ability to learn new applications
- Ability to work with diverse project teams and stakeholders
- Ability to support, guide and influence project teams to ensure programmes are set up in accordance with my clients standard practices and processes.
- Skills sharing and mentoring
- Commercial/Business awareness in a complex projects environment.
- Ideally Educated to Degree Level or equivalent but lesser qualification would be considered with relevant experience.
- Financial control & budgeting, and any experience of Earned Value management would be advantageous
For more information please get in contact with Jamie Birch at Carbon60 on 01329 227006.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.