Mechanical Engineer Our client is a leading provider of systems and products for marine vessels. They work on military projects and are looking to recruit...
Set just off the motorway, it's extremely easy to get there and you won't get caught in any town traffic getting there! Globally recognised company within the aviation industry. The company manufacture thermal management heating, cooling, environmental control, motion control and filtration components and systems.
The role as a Manufacturing Engineer is to work across operations, supply chain and design engineering to provide manufacturing engineering expertise in supporting existing and new products, defining new and supporting existing processes. You will assist in the implementation of strategic Lean initiatives throughout the Company, leading some Continuous Improvement projects.
37 hour working week
- Implement basic improvement tools, from 5S, 7 Wastes, Visual Management and Standardised Work balanced assembly lines where single (best) piece flow philosophies are employed
- Lead and work in teams to develop process FMEA, in their construction and implementation.
- Manage new product introductions and the manufacture of legacy products from release to production through the product life cycle.
- Implement lean manufacturing methods (e.g. 1-piece flow lines, visual factory) to reduce throughput times, rework/scrap and work in progress
- Strong leadership qualities with a strong aptitude for motivating others Knowledge of ERP MRP system
- Experience of working within an Aerospace Manufacturing environment, Automotive or very closely related industry.
- Experience of using problem solving techniques (5 Why's, Fishbone/Ishikawa diagrams, 8D)
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff canteen
- Onsite Parking
For the Opportunity to apply for this role and further information, please contact Liam Fraser at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone, 01329 227 016.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.