Director of Supply Chain Director Position for Fluid Power & Actuation UK, will be based in Gloucestershire, and will have Supply Chain responsibility for (3)...
Buyers are invited to apply for 3 positions at the same company. We are recruiting for 2 contract buyers and 1 permanent buyer all supporting a large manufacturing business.
The buyers will be responsible for:
- Management of the purchase requisitions for timely placement of purchase orders and sub-contract orders for suppliers as required.
- Ensure appropriate quality instructions and customer requirements are flowed to suppliers
- Coordinate delivery status, communicate internally and manage supplier recovery to support the business requirements
- Manage import of goods with detailed management of ITAR and related customs regulatory requirements
- Risk Management with appropriate escalation
- Manage supplier delivery performance and associated metrics
- Hold regular supplier business reviews.
- Negotiate best cost and payment terms.
- Support supplier selection and assessment process
1 of the contract positions is focussed on NPI manufacturing so will involve working closely with suppliers to specify tooling, this role is more strategic than the other two tactical roles and so will command a slightly higher rate.
Lots more information is available by contacting Carbon60 on 01329 227037
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.