Hardware Systems Engineer (Control Systems) This position is part of the Control Systems group within the Engineering department. As a key member of the hardware...
Principal Hardware Design Engineer
Our client is a leading developer of products for the marine sector. They are looking to hire a Principal level Hardware Design Engineer into their business. The role will focus on the development of current and future products in their roadmap.
It is expected that the person will be a highly experienced design engineer, able to take the lead and work without supervision on the design and analysis of mixed signal (analogue and digital) circuitry and FPGA/microcontroller systems.
Be able to -
- Design, develop and support electronic hardware across the product line
- Produce necessary drawings and documentation in line with the development process
- Take the lead, working with the Hardware Chief Engineer, on circuit design, verification and validation
- Liaise and manage the relationship with external suppliers such as PCB layout and fabrication
- Ensure products meet their Type Approval and Regulatory requirements, and as necessary support field and sea trials.
- Provide expert help and advice to more junior engineers and other departments as necessary
- Deputise for the Hardware Chief Engineer when required to do so
- Produce detailed and accurate development estimates for future work
- Support the analysis and resolution of issues arising in the field with existing products (Post Development Support).
- Ensure all responsibilities are delivered in accordance with Company Processes and Standards of Conduct
- Carry out any other reasonable management request
TECHNICAL/JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS
- Degree qualified in electrical/electronic engineering or related discipline
- Highly experienced and self-sufficient in the design of analogue, digital and FPGA/microcontroller systems and interfacing
- Good appreciation of practical aspects of PCB production and PCB design rules
- Able to read and interpret engineering standards and requirements.
- Excellent technical writing and design documentation skills
- Experienced with typical system design lifecycle and integration, verification and validation activities.
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry
- Able to lead technical design work and direct/mentor others.
- Experienced with electronic CAD and design tools.
- Good mathematical and analytical abilities.
- Strong numeracy and problem solving skills.
- Strong IT skills, specifically with MS Office products.
- Knowledge of radar principles and design.
- Any RF design and/or RF test experience
- Knowledge of the marine environment and marine electronic equipment
- Experience conducting EMC/Vibration/Shock qualification testing with external test houses.
- Knowledge of marine specific standards (e.g. IEC 60945, IEC61162).
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.