Mechanical Project ManagerBanbury OX16 2QU Full time permanent or long term contract (negotiable)Salary Range: up to £45,000 The company is a UK leading organisation specialising...
Our client is a developer of ruggedized embedded computing products, used on land, sea and air applications. The work mainly within the defence or aerospace sector. They are a world leader in what they do and they are looking for motivated individuals who have demonstrable experience in delivering large development projects to join their team.
About the Role
Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion. Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs. Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test. Develops new business or expands the product line with the customer. Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications. Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Ensuring that the program team is staffed with the skill sets required to meet programme objectives.
- Leading the team in identifying and achieving Mission Success Events in accordance with the Plan
- Managing execution of and transition between all programme phases, including bid decision, proposal development, negotiations, award, programme start up, programme execution, sustainment, and contract closure.
- Establishing and maintaining a programme management plan and a subcontract management plan.
- Establishing and maintaining program plans and schedules.
- Ensure systems engineering programme support.
- Ensure timely and thorough requirements development, communication, traceability, base lining, configuration control, validation and verification involving all program stakeholders including developers, customers, users, and suppliers.
- Achieve programme performance, cost, schedule, quality, revenue, and profit objectives.
- Establishing and maintaining approved technical, cost, schedule, and resource baselines.
- Implementing a Programme Performance Management process
- Implement a risk and opportunity management plan and process (for programmes and projects exceeding specified thresholds).
- Implementing data management and configuration management processes.
- Maintaining ownership of customer acknowledgement and sign off process; including but not limited to: technical specifications, SOW activities, qualification tasks, delivery dates, costs and documentation requirements and any other contractual documents
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college or demonstrable industry experience
- Thorough understanding of project/program management
- Experience of Manufacturing programmes
- Understanding of Agile design practices where requirements and solutions evolve through collaboration between self-organising, cross functional teams.
- Frequent interaction with senior leader's proven record of shaping/influencing financial/strategic decision making
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Strong facilitation, presentation, and communication skills
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of internal and external customers
- Must be able to work well as a team member in a fast paced environment with limited direction
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Customer-centric mind-set, ability to translate customer issues/needs into profitable business solutions
- Team management experience
- Knowledge of industry practices and Earned Value Management (EVM)
- PMP / PRINCE2 Certification / APMP/APMPQ
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.