Project support and plannerBedford£170.00 May increase with exceptional candidatesWe are looking for a Project support and planner to work a 3 month contract which will...
Our client is a developer of ruggedized embedded computing products, used on land, sea and air applications. They work mainly within the defence or aerospace sector. They are a world leader in what they do and they are looking for motivated individuals who have demonstrable experience in delivering large development projects to join their team based in Towcester, Northampton.
About the Role
You will direct all phases of projects from inception through completion. Be responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs. Participate in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
You will act as primary customer contact for project activities, leading project review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. Establish design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test. Develop new business or expands the product line with the customer. Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies project problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications. Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Bachelor's degree or demonstrable industry experience
- Thorough understanding of project management
- Experience of Manufacturing programmes
- Understanding of Agile design practices.
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Strong facilitation, presentation, and communication skills
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of internal and external customers
- Must be able to work well as a team member in a fast paced environment with limited direction
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Customer-centric mind-set, ability to translate customer issues and needs into profitable business solutions
- Knowledge of industry practices and Earned Value Management (EVM)
- PMP / PRINCE2 Certification / APMP/APMPQ
You will be required to undertake a Basic Level security check.
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Sheryl Richards on 01329 227031 or email email@example.com
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.