Senior Java Software Engineer
We require a skilled individual to contribute to the design, implementation and unit test of Java based applications to support our advanced Sonar applications. This role would suit an engineer with a keen interest in software technology and a proven ability to deliver software components as part of a wider complex product.
- Software architectural and detailed design, using UML with Enterprise Architect - Essential
- Software Planning and Design Documentation - Essential
- Java Programming - Essential
- Netbeans, eclipse, Java Swing, Java FX - Desirable
- Derived Requirements Analysis - Desirable
- Virtualisation, operating system configuration and deployment - Desirable
- VMware, Redhat administration, Linux Administration, Ansible - Desirable
- Software Test Planning and Elaboration - Desirable
- Software Configuration and Build Management - Desirable
- SVN, Jenkins, Hudson - Desirable
- Sonar domain knowledge, or similar signal processing intensive applications - Desirable
- C++- Desirable
- RTI DDS - Desirable
- Self-motivated, adaptable to change, proactive, diligent and with good leadership and inter-personal skills;
- Batchelor's degree or equivalent in Science, Engineering or Mathematics or a relevant subject.
- Chartered status or Professional Registration is desirable;
- Experience of the whole Software Development lifecycle
- An appreciation of Agile, Waterfall and V Model lifecycles
- Knowledge of Software Engineering best practices, methodologies, processes and tools;
- Capable of obtaining Security Clearance to at least SC level;
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.