Engineering Test Manager Role SummaryReporting to the Engineering Manager, the Engineering Test Manager will be responsible for the delivery of the development and qualification test...
Reporting to the Engineering Test Manager, the Test Engineer will be responsible for the delivery of the development and qualification test activities required to support the full product lifecycle from New Product Introduction (NPI) through to modifying & supporting in service products on various programmes, including Airbus and other major customers. They will ideally have prior experience of testing hydraulic / mechanical and/or electro-mechanical actuation and landing gear equipment.
Requirement of the Role:
- Interpretation of customer's requirements/specification.
- Identifying means for verification of requirements.
- Create and modify technical documentation (e.g. test processes, procedures and reports).
- Plan and execute test plans [ATPs / QTPs]
- Design, setup, commission and operate test rigs.
- Work with third party providers to support development/qualification testing.
- Ability to quickly gain product knowledge to be able to discriminate rig or product issues during troubleshooting
- Support and contribute to the Health & Safety of the Development Test areas.
- Work collaboratively with Project teams to support development and qualification test requirements
- Work effectively with other Test Engineers and Technicians in the delivery of Development and Qualification testing aligned to the business priorities
Requirements of the individual
- A solid engineering background - HNC/HND in an Engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- Significant experience (3+ years) of defining and working with hydraulic based test equipment and facilities in a production environment, ideally involving products such as control valves and actuators.
- Understanding/Awareness of Aerospace procedures for hydraulic cleanliness
- Demonstrated ability to work with third party service providers (eg Outsourced testing) in a development environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective written and verbal communication to peers and managers
- Awareness of Labview and other data acquisition products
- Understanding of instrumentation
- Integrity - Self-motivated and proactive.
- Drive for continuous improvement
- Team Work - Ability to work collaboratively and efficiently with other Engineers [Design/Analysis/Test] to iterate and optimise design solutions.
- Innovative - Able to offer alternative solutions and solve problems
- Committed to deliver on schedule
For more information please get in contact with Jamie Birch at Carbon60 on 01329 227006 or
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.