Test EngineerRole SummaryReporting to the Engineering Test Manager, the Test Engineer will be responsible for the delivery of the development and qualification test activities required...
Engineering Test Manager
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Engineering Test Manager will be responsible for the delivery of the development and qualification test programs required to support the full product lifecycle from New Product Introduction (NPI) through to modifying & supporting in service products on various programmes, including Airbus and other major customers.
They will be responsible to develop and maintain the test capability in Staverton in terms of resource and hardware. Due to the size of the team they will participate in the test activity. They will ideally have prior experience of testing hydraulic / mechanical and/or electro-mechanical actuation and landing gear equipment.
Requirement of the Role
- Interpretation of customer's requirements/specification.
- Identifying means for verification of requirements.
- Create and modify technical documentation (e.g. test processes, procedures and reports).
- Ensure Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People objectives are met.
- Contribute to design reviews and assist programme reviews.
- Plan and execute test plans.
- Establish/Maintain/Coordinate activities with third party providers to support the development testing.
- Participation in cross-functional teams and support problem solving and corrective action activities to resolve design issues, ATP failures and customer returns/failures.
- Manage and develop the Test capability at Staverton.
- Including availability and serviceability of equipment, configuration control, spares provisioning,
- Ability to quickly gain product knowledge and support others in gaining such knowledge, to be able to discriminate rig or product issues during troubleshooting
- Work closely with Production Test Manager and team regarding more in depth problems and assist in the definition and introduction of new test rigs for testing new products.
- Responsible for Health & Safety of the Hydraulic and Electro-Mechanical Development Test areas.
Requirements of the individual
- A solid engineering background - HNC/HND in an Engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- Significant experience (5+ years) of defining and working with hydraulic based test equipment and facilities in a production environment, ideally involving products such as control valves and actuators.
- Understanding/Awareness of Aerospace procedures for hydraulic cleanliness
- Demonstrated ability to manage third party service providers (eg Outsourced testing) in a development environment.
- Project Management Skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective communication to peers and managers
- Experience of Labview and other data acquisition products
- Understanding of instrumentation
- Integrity - Self-motivated and proactive.
- Drive for continuous improvement
- Team Work - Ability to work collaboratively and efficiently with other Engineers [Design/Analysis/Test] to iterate and optimise design solutions.
- Innovative- Able to offer alternative solutions and solve problems
- Committed to deliver on schedule and seek process improvement
For more information please get in contact with Jamie Birch at Carbon60 on 01329 227006 or
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.