Test EngineerRole SummaryReporting to the Engineering Test Manager, the Test Engineer will be responsible for the delivery of the development and qualification test activities required...
Mechanical Design Engineer
The role involves the full product lifecycle from New Product Introduction (NPI) through to modifying & supporting in service products on various programmes, including Airbus and other major customers. The Mechanical Design Engineer will ideally have prior experience of designing hydraulic / mechanical and/or electro-mechanical actuation and landing gear equipment within an aerospace company.
Requirement of the Role:
- Interpretation of customer's requirements/specification.
- Identifying means for verification of requirements.
- Create and modify technical documentation (e.g. drawings, procedures and reports).
- Ensuring that the product meets safety, performance, weight, schedule, cost and reliability requirements.
- Contribute to design reviews and assist programme reviews
- Participation in cross-functional teams and support problem solving and corrective action activities to resolve design issues, ATP failures and customer returns/failures.
- Support engineering changes, using Documentation Control Tools. [Windchill]Requirements of the individual
- A solid engineering background - Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or a related discipline (or qualified to an equivalent level)/ or equivalent experience.
- A good understanding of Reliability, Safety / Airworthiness, Production methods, Materials and Processes, and Stress and Performance analysis
- Familiarity of designing from customer specifications using 2D & 3D design tools, preferably SolidWorks.
- 3+ years' experience of designing actuation products, and/or hydraulic control valves, preferably within an aviation business.
- Good knowledge and experience of mechanical components, geometric tolerancing, processing, precision machining, castings, forgings, metallic materials, military and industry standards.
- Appreciation of the drivers / requirements of Procurement, Design for Manufacture, Production and Quality
- Understanding of design (FMEA, DFMEA), test and analysis (Mathcad, FEA) tools
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Integrity - Self-motivated and proactive.
- Drive for continuous improvement
- Team Work - Ability to work collaboratively and efficiently with other Engineers [Design/Analysis/Test] to iterate and optimise design solutions.
- Innovative- Able to offer alternative solutions and solve problems
- Committed to deliver on schedule.
For more information please get in contact with Jamie Birch at Carbon60 on 01329 227006 or
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.