Compliance Auditor Engineering Reporting Lines, Duties & Requirements Duties and reporting lines:* Reports directly to the Safety/Compliance Manager.* Carry out internal and external audits...
Director of Supply Chain
Director Position for Fluid Power & Actuation UK, will be based in Gloucestershire, and will have Supply Chain responsibility for (3) sites
The company's key products and services include manufacturing, test and assembly of complete actuation systems, assemblies.
The Director will provide leadership in achieving the OpCo's and Site's business objectives through effective management and execution of a Supply Chain strategy that creates a discriminating competitive advantage for the Company, the Division and the Site.
- Functional Supply Chain and Operating company (OpCo) leadership for Fluid Power & Actuation UK, including supply chain functional lead for three (3) sites. Responsible to achieve all financial (cost reduction), non-financial and Supplier measurement goals (Delivery and Quality).
- Leads FP&A UK's Direct, Indirect and NPI purchasing functions across 3 sites from selection of vendors through to delivery of parts/services. Develops and implements strategy to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of the supply chain process.
- Lead and deliver on all New Programme Introduction (NPI) commitments. Control material purchasing to strict cost, quality and time schedules. Lead and direct inventory management and cash initiatives in line with company goals and eliminate shortages.
- Work closely with TIS Business Unit and TGI Enterprise/Regional Commodity leaders to evaluate common spend and identify opportunities to obtain price reductions with existing Suppliers, rationalizing and consolidating supply base with resulting long term agreements (LTAs) and supporting lean initiatives with Suppliers.
- Managing a group of supply chain professionals including but not limited to site Purchasing mgrs and Strategic commodity leaders, as assigned and their overall scope of responsibilities.
- Manages the buying of critical components and commodities for production across multiple value streams.
- A hands-on role requiring careful balance of the near term operational needs of the business and the long term strategic development of the supply chain.
- Drive operational excellence and lead the implementation of best practices, strategies, processes and procedures for procurement of materials, equipment and services supporting all programmes across the two sites.
- Drive core Supply Chain performance for the Programme including delivery, cost and quality; implement corrective / preventative action where necessary.
- Develop a world-class diverse team to support the Supply Chain mission. Build on the team's skill-set, through training, experiential roles and development plans; with a special focus on enhancing strategic thinking and negotiation across the Supply Chain organization.
- Lead and direct the development and implementation of modern logistics and inventory management strategies for efficient product tracking, routing and distribution ensuring On Time Delivery (OTD).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Development and implementation of supply chain strategy to deliver AOP (Annual Operating Plan), CVDs (Core Value Drivers) and Policy Deployment goals
- Close engagement with TGI Corporate supply chain group to deliver
- Supply contracts with preferred suppliers.
- Work Transfers
- Supply Base right-sizing/right-location and Grow/Maintain/Exit strategy
- Manage indirect supply agreements and SLAs to effectively support the infrastructure of the business (Utilities, Facilities management, recruitment, IT&T, Test Rig maintenance, Calibration, Catering, financial services, freight, HVAC, outsourced engineering services etc)
- Management and reporting of buyer KPIs relating to Quality, Cost, Inventory and Delivery across 4 business systems.
- Development of robust RCCA and countermeasures where required.
- Identification, mitigation and reporting of supply chain risk.
- Lead Supplier selection and assessment. Ensure regular supplier business review schedule in place for key vendors
- Develop process for handover of NPI to production team to ensure full knowledge transfer
- Change Management
- Lead SIOP process and drive Inventory reduction
- Set MRB priorities and liaise with Engineering team to enable SC to support output
- Continuous Improvement
- Deployment of TOS best practice across the supply chain team
- Training and development of team, including succession planning.
- Creation and ownership of Work Instructions and Purchasing Procedures
- Position reports functionally to the Sr. Director Supply Chain for Integrated Systems Business Unit, while directly supporting the Fluid Power & Actuation Managing Director.
- Travel to other sites will be required
- Travel to and working at supplier sites globally will be required
- Hours of Employment: 37 hours a week, overtime and flexibility will be required.
Qualifications / Essential skills
- Stakeholder management, Project management
- Cross-functional team engagement
- Knowledge/Experience of Actuation products, components and methods of manufacture
- Capable of delivering operational needs (transactional/tactical) alongside Strategic SC development
- Minimum of 10 years Supply Chain or Operations experience is required. Experience must include Supply Chain Management / Operations experience within the aerospace industry - preferably with a high-level / tier one integrator or Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM).
- Direct expertise with metal/raw materials, and aerospace manufacturing (fabrications and machining) and assembly is highly preferred. Experience with work transfer process and machining off-load preferred.
- Demonstrated experience leading the Supply Chain function at all stages of a programme's life cycle, including New Product Introduction (NPI).
- Demonstrable operational financial acumen regarding cash flow, margin, working capital, inventory turns and net present value is required. Experience leading the strategic analysis to determine make / buy decisions is required.
- Demonstrate initiative and advanced interpersonal skills in team problem solving situations, relationship building and aligning with business goals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Domestic UK and International travel (20% to 30%), as needed.
For more information please get in contact with Jamie Birch at Carbon60 on 01329 227006 or
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.