An excellent opportunity has arisen working for a Prestigious Aerospace Company based in the Gloucester area. The requirement is for a Project Engineer to join...
An excellent opportunity has arisen working on a contract basis for a Facilities Enigneer, who has technical writing/authoring experience to assist with a major factory relocation for a Company within the Aerospace industry. The role will be based in Gloucestershire, and will involve work on 3 different sites within the Gloucestershire area - ultimately resulting in the movement of machinery to a brand new facility.
This is a contract role, and the successful applicant will be required for a 6 month period.
Rate is negotiable depending on knowledge and experience.
Facilities Technical Writer
The technical writer is responsible for identifying process steps, collating and creating method statements with the potential to also create risk assessments associated with industrial machinery movements This will include identifying and detailing all the process steps required for removal of utilities supplies, controls systems and associated components to a stage where a machine can be safely transported, preventing damage occurring and ensuring a reversal of the method can be used to reconstruct and commission the machine. Suitable exit routes must be identified for each machine, including ensuring infrastructure is removed to allow egress or machinery being disassembled into suitable sized shipments.
- Identify technical steps required to disconnect and move machinery
- Work to ensure safe working procedures are documented for machinery movements
- Create logical method statements for submission and approval by FM team
- Methodically complete statements based upon priorities on the move plan
- Proven experience in technical writing
- Experience in industrial machinery relocations
- Working knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems
- Knowledge of safe working procedures
- Strong communication and written skills
- Ability to work independently to project timescales
- Health and safety background to enable Risk Assessment creation
- Knowledge of machinery controls systems
- Experience of electrical 17th edition regulations
- Working knowledge of machinery installation processes.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.