Business Analyst Merch OpsBased: BracknellI am looking for a Business Analyst to come and be a part of Phase 2 of a significant transformation programme...
Data Warehouse Teradata DBA
Contract Duration: RG12 8YA
Company: John Lewis
I am looking for an experienced Analyst, with strong knowledge and understanding of Teradata. This role is based in Bracknell. Please see the essential skills below:
- Manage hardware access, system, database and software upgrades and disk drive replacement (experience of any major upgrade releases would be good)
- Administer Backup and Recovery - Viewpoint, BAR servers, NetBackup
- Raise and support incidents (TAYS)
- Capacity planning (Manage space (spool space, perm space etc.)
- Respond to production incidents
- Administer and monitor Viewpoint
- Manage security for Teradata systems (LDAP, Policy server - Axeda)
- System Housekeeping
- Experience of and use of specialized database design tools such as Teradata Tools and Utilities, BTEQ scripting,TPT Load Utilities
- Manage users and databases (including roles, profiles, account strings, single sign on integration etc.).
- Performance monitoring / tuning
- Review indexes / partitioning based on ongoing usage
- Work with development team, reviewing future databases/tables and provide appropriate feedback and improvements.
- Manage space (spool space, perm space etc.)
- System Housekeeping
Additional Application Support Experience :
- Statistics management
- Setup new environments
- Decommission no-longer required environments
- Produce appropriate management reports (health, performance, incidents, capacity etc.)
- Manage workload management
- Review DBS Control settings as appropriate
- Compile and manage stored procedures / User defined functions
- Support development teams, including with importing and exporting data
- Manage DBQL and Resusage logging
If you think you would be a good candidate for the role, please apply below. You can also give Flick a call on 01296 311 442.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.