General Labourer CSCS Hatfield AL10 8XF Contract Position 10+ Weeks The company is a UK leading organisation specialising in mechanical and electrical installation projects. This...
With a number of significant and exciting development sites underway throughout the borough, Bedford Borough Council is looking for an experienced highway engineer to assist in the delivery of several key projects to support the busy in house engineering team.
You will need to be an Incorporated or Chartered Engineer with several years' experience working at Senior Engineer level and designing large urban highway projects.
The applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Significant experience in highway engineering, particularly urban junction design including design of roundabouts and traffic signal controlled junctions;
- Excellent understanding of Manual for Streets, DMRB, other national standards, best practice guidance, local standards etc.;
- Excellent understanding of the CDM regulations and their relevance to highway design;
- Excellent understanding of the risks associated with projects and effective ways to manage and mitigate risks.
- Knowledge and Experience in value engineering projects to achieve cost or time savings
- Ability to work to challenging and changing deadlines and workloads;
- Ability to work in a commercial and customer focussed way which achieves programmes, meets performance targets, generates and income for the engineering team and meets the council's corporate objectives.
If this Project Engineer position, based in Bedford is of interest, please apply to this advert to be considered for the role.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.