CALLING ALL RECENT GRADUATESDoes working for a company who has been short-listed on the Forbes list for the most innovative companies in the world sound...
Systems Verification and Validation Team Lead
Our client are a leading developer of products and systems for the marine sector. They are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Test Team lead to own the integration, Verification and Validation activities of their Radar and Electronic Charting Display Product lines and to support and lead the team of System Test Engineers.
- To lead the system test team to deliver the verification and validation of Radar and ECDIS Systems
- Develop strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. In particular the Software and Hardware Teams
- Provide Line management of the Systems Test team
- To own the Integration Verification, Validation and Qualification Procedures
- To drive continuous improvement of our Test process' and procedures
- Work with our Hamburg Teams to ensure we share best practice across both sites
- To design and document appropriate testing for both manual and automated testing.
- To do some testing of Radar and ECDIS Systems
- To lead the investigation of defects and the recording of this in our defect tracking tool.
- Occasional travel both within the UK and further afield.
- To be aware of and comply with Company Standards of Conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
- To carry out any other reasonable management request.
TECHNICAL/JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in a technical subject, equivalent qualification (e.g. HND) or experience.
- Strong experience of System Engineering Verification and Validation
- Understanding of Verification and Validation for Software projects.
- Proven experience Leading and Managing a Team
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn and assimilate new technical information quickly and thoroughly.
- Experience of Agile development and testing using Scrum.
- Use of Atlassian toolset (JIRA, Confluence and Bamboo).
- Knowledge of Marine Type Approval
- Knowledge of Marine Products (specifically Radar and ECDIS)
- Experience with testing to IEC Standards
- Managing Subcontract Test Houses
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.