Materials & Process EngineerGloucesterContract Essential Responsibilities This engineering role will be responsible for the development of braided structures within Dowty research projects by carrying out...
Design Engineer - Contract
The Design Engineer will ideally have prior experience of designing hydraulic / mechanical / electro-mechanical actuation and landing gear equipment within an aerospace company. They will be involved in the complete product lifecycle from New Product Introduction (NPI) through to modifying & supporting in service products on various programmes, including Airbus, Boeing, Civil, Military and Marine applications.
Requirement of the Role:
- Interpretation of customer's requirements/specification.
- Identifying means for verification of requirements.
- Contribute to design reviews and assist programme reviews.
- Familiarity of designing from customer specifications using 2D & 3D design tools, preferably SolidWorks.
- Create technical documentation (e.g. drawings, procedures and reports).
- Ensuring that the product meets performance, weight, schedule, cost, reliability, safety requirements.
- Participate in cross-functional teams and support problem solving activities to resolve customer returns/failures as well as in house component failures, which includes support to inspection and test in determination of root cause as well as documenting and leading corrective actions and implementation activities.
- Support engineering changes, using PDM Tools (preferably Windchill).
Desired requirements of the individual
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or a related discipline (or qualified to an equivalent level).
- Experience of designing actuation products, and/or hydraulic control valves, preferably within an aviation business.
- Knowledge of mechanical components, processing, precision machining, forgings, military and industry standards.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Confidence, flexibility, and risk management skills to develop new approaches and solutions.
- Committed to deliver design artefacts on schedule.
- Understanding of design (FMEA, DFMEA), test and analysis (FEA, Mathcad) tools
- Able to work efficiently in a team environment.
- Willing to occasionally travel within the UK and internationally.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.