Hardware Systems Engineer (Control Systems) This position is part of the Control Systems group within the Engineering department. As a key member of the hardware...
Our client is a leading provider of systems and products for marine vessels. They work on military projects and are looking to recruit a Mechanical/Electro-Mechanical Engineer into this team.
Managing a small team, the successful candidate will support all the Mechanical Design, Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Thermal Analysis (CFD) and sign off on Designs. You'll also attend customer meetings and liaise with manufacturers and test houses.
- Provide Mechanical/Electro Mechanical Design Support to UK MOD Programmes.
- Look after a small team and assist them in the design process.
- Ensure the standard of design is maintained throughout the project duration.
- Report progress being made on allocated work to Project Managers.
- Assist in providing Development Estimates to Project Managers.
- Assist in the training of members of the team to benefit the department.
- Manage the performance and development of all staff who report in (applicable where job holder has line management responsibilities).
- Be aware of and comply with Company Standards of Conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
TECHNICAL/JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proficient in Creo 3.0 and PDM Link 11.0.
- Working Knowledge of Creo Simulate (FEA) and AutoDesk Simulation (CFD).
- Understands BS8888 and Geometrical Tolerancing.
- Good understanding of the Design Process.
- Competent to check and sign off drawings, documents and BOM's.
- Be able to wrote Technical Documentation to meet Customer requirements.
- Understands Manufacturing processes and techniques.
- Knowledge of how MOD Programmes are run and level of documentation required.
- Understand test methods for Shock, Vibration, Ingress, Environmental (Hot, Cold & Humidity), and EMC.
- Degree (BSc) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience, e.g. an approved Apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering with extensive experience in a similar role.
- Management of a small team.
- Chartered Engineer status.
- Creo Simulate (FEA) training.
- AutoDesk Simulation (CFD) training.
- Working on MOD Programmes.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.