Design Engineer ContractRole SummaryThe Design Engineer will ideally have prior experience of designing hydraulic / mechanical / electro-mechanical actuation and landing gear equipment within an...
Materials & Process Engineer
This engineering role will be responsible for the development of braided structures within Dowty research projects by carrying out theoretical and practical exercises. Working on a variety of structures and both internal and external braiding equipment, the individual will report to an M&P lead engineer responsible for practical oversight to ensure all manufacturing requirements are met. Working alongside internal and external project management teams, the individual will ensure scheduling of work aligns with the overall program and the work schedules of external teams.
In this role, you will:
- Conduct practical exercises on braiding equipment to ensure manufacturability of designs
- Assist in the modification to braiding equipment when manufacturing or material variables drive change
- Align work conducted by Catapult centers within their internal development projects to ensure results are not duplicated
- Complete post-processing on the braided parts to align with further manufacturing steps
- Drive the development of manufacturing readiness when the braided structures are built into blades
- Aid in the collation of information regarding simulation capabilities for braided structures and potentially further develop where required
- Collate manufacturing documentation and reports where appropriate
Qualifications / Requirements
- BSc in materials science or related degree or equivalent experience with manufacturing of composite materials.
- Minimum 3+ years of hands-on experience with braiders
- A working understanding of RTM and the relevant requirements
- Can demonstrate practical project management skills to achieve technical goals
- Be willing to attend meetings/workshops/visits at the Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre in Rotherham when required
- Experience of working with a variety of braiders, both bi-axial and tri-axial
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, demonstrated ability to assimilate new information and understand complex topics
- Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions
- Individual with 'can do approach' who can work independently as well as in a team environment.
- High Energy & Self Motivated quick learner willing to keep up-to-date knowledge;
If you are interested in hearing more details, please feel free to contact Dan Purnell on 01329 227030 or at Dan.Purnell@carbon60global to discuss further.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.