Hardware Systems Engineer (Control Systems) This position is part of the Control Systems group within the Engineering department. As a key member of the hardware...
Our client is a leading developer of products and systems within the defence market, for land, sea and air applications. They are looking for a Configuration Controller to co-ordinate and assign change control. This role covers numerous sites and involves effective stakeholder management (across many functions) and supports key configuration management activities.
- Authorise and assign roles to Change Requests in a manner that ensures visibility and value to the proposal.
- To undertake set tasks in the management of design data from an engineering environment
- Oversee transfer of configuration items and documentation to the customer (internal and external)
- Provide support to several Change Control Boards and support the preparation of review data packages and end item data packages
- Register and track classified data within the company guidelines and in accordance with MoD regulations and best practise
- Processing of secret and secure documents both internal and external to the business
- Review of CM and company documentation archiving as required
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience of delivering change management
- Experience of engineering processes
- Background in the defence industry preferred
- Knowledge of Windchill/PDM systems and/or ERP systems.
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and good concentration skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Logical, analytical approach to problem-solving
- Good self-organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Good communication skills with the ability to express ideas, share technical information and communicate at all levels
- Good interpersonal skills, able to liaise at an intermediate levels and across different cultures
- Good team player, with a proactive, collaborative approach.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.