AIT Test Team LeaderWorking as a member of the Assembly Integration and Test team with Mechanical and Electrical specialists whose objective is to produce world...
Manufacturing Team Leader - Contract
The position is responsible for overseeing and leading all activities associated with manufacturing and production of deliverable product to meet customer expectations within a defined production area. The leader monitors and manages hourly and salaried resources in the assignment of work responsibilities, development, and alignment of resources to load. The position drives continuous improvement in production, quality, and safety while utilizing the framework of my clients Business System and their Continuous Improvement Framework.
- Champion a culture change through the framework of High Performance Work Teams (HPWTs).
- Drive continuous improvement and application through the use of EBS, BOS, CIF, and HPWTs.
- Champion implementation of Lean activities to eliminate waste opportunities of key processes.
- Achieve key BOS metrics including TRCR, Productive Utilization, On-Time Delivery, First Pass Yield and DPPM.
- Effective management of plant assets through leadership of maintenance and facilities resources.
- Champion implementation of MESH to achieve improvement in year over year safety performance measures.
- Train and develop team members as well as providing oversight and coaching to other team members.
- Provide the vision and strategy
- Lead by example - be a positive role model
- Actively engage and recognize employees
- Enable success of employees (providing resources and removing barriers)
- Empower employees - drive decision making down through organization
Skills & Qualifications Desired:
- Lean manufacturing / Operational Excellence skills in 6S, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, Visual Management, process focused
- Problem solving skills (e.g. 8-D or A3)
- Intrinsically motivated, champion of change, visionary
- Life-long learner; promotes a learning culture
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership, coaching and influence management skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Manufacturing/Operations
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience leading others
- Proficient in reading and writing English
For more information please get in contact with Jamie Birch at Carbon60 on 01329 227006 or
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.