Quality ManagerBristolCarbon60 are currently recruiting for a Quality Manager to join a large and interesting engineering business based in Bristol. The Quality Manager is responsible...
Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
Carbon60 are currently recruiting for a HSE Manager to lead, improve and oversee all Health, Safety & Environmental related matters at the company's Bristol location.
The HSE Manager will be responsible for driving improvements, improving HSE protection and developing improvement plans.
The role will also involve auditing and maintaining registration to ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 / ISO 45001 management systems. Additionally to this, the role will also involve management responsibility for a small, Bristol based facilities management team.
- Health, Safety & Environmental duties as listed in the Company HSE Policy
- Implement, review and continuously improve the business system standards (ISO14001 & OHSAS 18001) as well as HSE policies, operating procedures and work instructions
- Ensure site compliance with ISO14001 & OHSAS 18001
- Develop and present improvement plans for a variety of Health, Safety & Environmental matters.
- Put a stop to any operation/process which poses a serious health, safety or environmental risk
- Work to actively improve operation/process, whilst reducing injuries and illnesses.
- Ensure necessary legal documentation/material/information are up to date
- Co-ordinate/conduct internal system audits, legal compliance audits, site inspections and risk assessments.
- Identify training needs and develop programs
- Manage and control non-conformances
- Take part in accident investigations and provide/report accident statistics
- Management of the plant facilities team.
Desired Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Degree or similar qualification/experience in engineering, environmental science or similar
- Understanding of ISO14001 / OHSAS 18001 / ISO 45001 / ISO9001: 2000 / TS16949: 2002
- A lead auditor qualification
- Able to communicate and influence employees
- Understanding of continuous improvement tools and techniques
- NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
This is an exciting HSE Manager opportunity to join a prestigious engineering business. The role offers routes for progression, as well as the opportunity to lead a team. For more information, please contact Ben Hastings at Carbon60. 01329 227 002.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.