Mobile Maintenance Engineer We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Multi-skilled electrical or A/C biased engineer to be based from site working and undertaking...
Contract Software/Firmware Engineer - Pressure Engineering
An excellent opportunity has arisen working for a Prestigious Manufacturing Organisation based in Leicestershire.
This is a contract position, which is an initial 3-6 months, however it is likely to last longer as there are potential new projects in the pipeline.
We are recruiting a Contract Software Engineer into our 100 strong Engineering Team supporting projects in industries such as automotive (including F1), metrological, Hydrology and oil & gas. With a desire to attract Engineers who value varied team work and being challenged in technical problem solving.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
- Reporting to the Software Manager, providing technical software engineering solutions.
- Ensuring requirements are translated correctly into cohesive development & verification solutions.
- Experience of implementing embedded firmware with a Posix RTOS such as QNX or Linux.
- Development of embedded software/firmware (C/C++)
- Implementation of digital communications protocols (TCP/IP, CANBUS, MODBUS, RS485, SPI, I2C)
- Debugging and problem investigation of software/firmware
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Essential Functions (Opportunities):
- Contribution in the definition of product and software/firmware architecture and design decisions.
- Potential to work upon the development, programming and debugging of software including embedded platforms (including use of instrumentation such as oscilloscopes, logic analysers, etc.)
- Verification and testing of software/firmware.
- Solid commercial experience using SW development full-lifecycle, including requirements and reviews
- Development of STM32 and similar microprocessor and microcontroller software
- Knowledge of hardware level interfacing (e.g. device drivers)
- Production of architectural and detailed designs
- Interpretation and understanding of hardware datasheets and device capabilities
- Time management skills, work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team across sites
- Awareness of cybersecurity related issues and potential countermeasures
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Software/Electronic Engineering
- Development of instrumentation and sensor/metrology related software solutions
- Experience with Change and Configuration tools.
- Reviewing marketing information and creating design specifications
- Supporting external customers, internal sales and marketing functions
Manufacturing support and ability to solve manufacturing related problems qu
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.