MRO Technician (Skilled) GloucesterPosition Summary MRO Technician working for the Operations Department.Responsible for the repair/ overhaul and test, of hydraulic electrical and mechanical components and...
Assembly and Test Operator (Skilled)
Assembly and Test (Skilled) Operatives are responsible for the build and test of hydraulic and mechanical assemblies, working from a kit of parts to final inspection. Detailed written work instructions are followed in accordance with strict Aviation standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and interpret approved engineering design data (manuals, technical drawings and technical design data).
- Understand the use of aviation processes and regulation, and be able to apply that knowledge
- The preparation and assembly of components following strict guidelines and instructions set by the Company and its customers, in accordance with required Aviation standards
- Build and test of Hydraulic components
- Perform tasks on (but not limited to), mechanical and hydraulic units
- When applicable, perform fault diagnosis using suitable methodology and equipment.
- Ensure traceability is maintained throughout preparation, assembly, build and test processes
- Strip down and repair of components
- Supporting engineering with Quality Investigations, project work
- and business processes in continuous Improvement opportunities
- Complete self-inspection of components and related cleaning to enable Quality Inspection and control checks to be carried out
- Strong attention to detail required throughout processes carried out
- Company procedures to be followed and records maintained to ensure full traceability of components and activities
- To follow strict health and safety guidelines, including the wearing of all specified PPE
- Completion of any work-related tasks, which would be deemed reasonable of this role
- Maintain a tidy and orderly work area for self and others.
Job Requirements, Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability and experience of working on mechanical or hydraulic components. With ability and experience of utilising detailed drawings and other relevant documentation, to aid this requirement.
- Electrical experience is an advantage
- Experience of working to close tolerances and time limits
- Strong and demonstrable attention to detail in the build and testing of electrical and hydraulic components
- Ability to follow written instructions, in accordance with required Aviation standards, in the creation and testing of components
- Must have good written and oral skills
- Apprenticeship, equivalent experience or a qualification such as NVQ Level 3 are desired
- Experience of computer use will be seen as an advantage.
For more information please get in contact with Jamie Birch at Carbon60 on 01329 227006 or
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.