Quality EngineerDescriptionThis position is responsible for executing the defined Strategic Quality Plan in conjunction with plant leadership. Provides quality assurance support to customers, suppliers, partners...
Quality Engineer - Havant
Reporting directly to the Quality Manager and indirectly to the Process Focus Team Manager, you will be liaising with customers and suppliers and driving step-change improvements in both product and service quality to improve customer service, eliminate waste, improve process capability and drive down costs.
- Take ownership of internal and external quality-related matters
- Manage my clients Quality Management System policies within the Process Focused Team, ensuring all policies are implemented and deployed in conjunction with their requirements
- Manage problem-solving within the Plant, using appropriate analytical tools such as 8D and Six Sigma to ensure robust and timely permanent solutions
- Manage supplier containment and corrective actions, appraise incoming parts appropriately, assess both direct and indirect suppliers and hence improve the quality of incoming materials and services
- Accelerate plant quality improvements, ensuring non-conformance activity is completed in a timely manner, with all non-conforming parts reviewed and dispositioned daily so there are no outstanding supplier returns or any unprocessed scrap at the end of each month.
- Maintain quality-related data and functional metrics
- Use of measurement equipment (CMM, Formtester etc.) to validate parts
- CQI (Chartered Quality Institute) educated/certified
- Have Six Sigma Green Belt (or proven experience with usage of Six Sigma tools)
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Capable of developing quickly to be able to complete all essential functions
- A team player, possessing the ability to build relationships with others, notably customers and suppliers
- Able to use measurement equipment such as CMM
- Available to visit other organizations, especially customer and suppliers?
For more information please get in contact with Jamie Birch at Carbon60 on 01329 227006 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.