System ArchitectCarbon60 are currently recruiting for a Systems Architect to join a Hydraulics and Fluid Power engineering business based in Oxfordshire. The Systems Architect will...
CAD PDM Administrator
Carbon60 is currently recruiting for a CAD PDM Administrator to join a large engineering business based in Gloucestershire. The CAD PDM Administrator will be responsible for maintaining and supporting the operational functionality of the CAD PDM applications used across multiple manufacturing sites.
As a CAD PDM Administrator, you will be responsible for maintaining the day to day operational status of Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Product Data Management (PDM) applications. The role would be ideal for someone who is able to be commutable from Gloucestershire and is also capable of using computer software in support of a design process.
- Day to day management and support of the PTC and Klietsch design environment
- Level 1 & 2 support related to CAD/PDM applications
- Liaise with third party vendors to resolve CAD/PDM application issues
- Establish, maintain and promote a consistent best practice approach to product data management
- Keeping up to date with trends and developments with relevant design software
- CAD/PDM training of new staff
- Maintaining/improving company CAD standards, templates, user-guides and training material
- Developing and maintaining configuration/customisations to the CAD/PDM applications
- Granting authorized users the right to use CAD/PDM applications, whilst also preventing access to non-authorized users
- Monitoring licence server applications, licence usage and service levels.
- Auditing the contents of the PDM vault and reporting non-conformances, corrective/preventive actions to users and managers.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- Qualification or relevant experience in a Drafting, Computer Aided Design, Mechanical, Electrical or Software Engineering discipline
- Knowledge of design standards such as BS8888 / ISO128.
- Knowledge of configuration management standards such as CMII
- Product Data Management
- 3D modelling (both direct and parametric)
- 2D drafting
- Programming / Access / SQL Databases / ERDs
This is a unique and interesting role which will allow growth and opportunities for interesting projects in the near future. For more information, please contact Ben Hasting at Caarbon60. 01329 227 002.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.