An excellent opportunity has arisen working for a Prestigious Engineering Company based in the Leicestershire area.The requirement is for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join...
An excellent opportunity has arisen working for a Prestigious Engineering Company based in the Leicestershire area.
The requirement is for an Electronics Design Engineer to join the existing Test & Calibration Design team on a contract basis, helping redesign complex instrumentation products and pressure controllers used in aerospace ground support equipment, metrology, process control and high-volume industrial test. The initial contract will be for 6 months, however there is planned project work for up to 24 months.
The initial project is to take an existing design and re-purpose it for use in a harsh environment - this will require re-layout of existing boards with some modifications. Also to include the development and delivery of test plans and test reports, testing will include EMC, Environmental, Performance and Electrical Safety etc. There will also be a requirement to provide support to the Software team in test and de-bug of new hardware.
Experience of Altium and/or PADS would be advantageous. Ideally, you will have worked on portable and precision electronics, pressure sensors, instrumentation products, measurements and control systems etc.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Electronic Engineering
- Proven ability in low power analogue and mixed signal circuit design and analysis, and ideally knowledge of digital protocols such as CAN, I2C, RS485, MODbus and ethernet
- Experience with PCB design, schematic capture and circuit simulation tools (Altium, PADS)
- Experience of Design for Manufacturing and Design for Test
- Knowledge of EMC design principles
- Strong time management skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Software packages (Word, Excel, Power point etc)
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with customers and team members
Electronic instrumentation and/or portable product development experience
- Embedded systems, Power systems, FPGA and CPLD design experience
- Familiarity with IPC standards for PCB design and fabrication
- Knowledge of basic Mechanical principles
- Six Sigma Greenbelt trained and certified
- Knowledge and experience of SAP
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.