An excellent opportunity has arisen working for a Prestigious Engineering Company based in the Leicestershire area.The requirement is for an Electronics Design Engineer to join...
An excellent opportunity has arisen working for a Prestigious Engineering Company based in the Leicestershire area.
The requirement is for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the existing Test & Calibration Design team on a contract basis, helping redesign complex instrumentation products and pressure controllers used in aerospace ground support equipment, metrology, process control and high-volume industrial test. The initial contract will be for 6 months, however there is planned project work for up to 24 months.
The initial role is to develop a new rack mount enclosure and manifold assembly for a new product. Development of the appropriate certifcation and test strategy (including PED, Shock & Vibration etc). Development of CAD System - Solidworks (knowledge of Pro-E would be a big advantage).
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of 3D CAD tools (Solidworks, Pro/Engineer, etc.)
- Exposure to working in multiple disciplined (electrical, mechanical) design teams
- Knowledge of Design principles for Manufacture and Assembly in a high product mix environment.
- Experience in Metal enclosure design for IP rated electronic equipment
- Experience in EMC enclosure design
- Background in generation of Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing documentation.
- Knowledge of Ergonomic Product Design
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in procedure development.
- Strong people and time management skills
- Experience of design and test. Ideally for high reliability, harsh environments including high vibration and high temperature
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with customers and team members
- Experience of pressure transducers and compensation techniques
- Experience within a similar, high variety, electro-mechanical environment
- Experience of working with the PED
- Six Sigma Greenbelt trained and certified
- Knowledge and experience of SAP
- Experience of Shock/Vibration & Thermal Simulations Analysis Tools (Ansys Icepak)
- Experience of plastic mould tool design and mould flow analysis.
- Experience with pressure measurement and generation technologies (pumps, sensors)
- Support and/or Design experience with calibration and characterization systems.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.