DevOps EngineerMy Client are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join their newly formed DevOps team. As a DevOps Engineer you will be accountable...
Maintenance Planning Engineers
Salary: Competitive per annum plus excellent benefits
Contract: 18 months fixed term
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Mon - Fri or 4 on 4 off
Crawley, West Sussex
The Maintenance Planning Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the fleet compliance is maintained in accordance with the approved Maintenance Programme as specified by the legal & mandatory requirements of the Air Navigation Order, Part M, Part 145, EU-OPS and relevant EASA regulations.
This is achieved by the timely planning and co-ordination of maintenance planning activities in close liaison with other Engineering and Airline departments including the production and issue of technical documentation to the appropriate environment. These are to include the Line / Hangars, outstations & 3rd Party MRO's.
The overall aim is to integrate the maintenance needs of the fleet with the Flying Programme in a safe and cost effective manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure continued compliance through the ongoing review and management of the maintenance plan on the relevant IT systems and take appropriate action in order to ensure that compliance for planned tasks is always maintained.
- Produce an optimised maintenance plan taking into account capacity and resource in line with the SLA (Service Level Agreement) within the appropriate planning environment.
- Manage the maintenance plan minimising delays / cancellations, maximising downtime, whilst continually safeguarding compliance of the aircraft.
- Compile maintenance documentation according to environment via the loading of applicable tasks into the IT computer system.
- Ensure that maintenance and supporting documentation is printed in line with departmental procedures and SLA's.
- Plan maintenance on a continuous basis against available capacity in order to maximise aircraft availability.
- Monitor all aircraft maintenance work packages on an ongoing basis to ensure that maintenance task compliance is met at all times.
- To manage the Maintenance Programme in line with departmental procedures whilst responding to changes in the operational flying programme.
- To review all deferred defects and plan workable defects into the aircraft inputs as appropriate. Coordination and control of any internal / external third party requirements.
- Liaise with appropriate and other appropriated departments within the maintenance environment (MRO / Hangar / Line) to ensure that all technical and administrative queries are resolved.
- Attend and where required host planning meetings in order to facilitate the effective handover of the maintenance documentation.
- Produce reports as required for relevant production environment in relation to maintenance planning activities and service.
- Resolve all relevant documentation queries as appropriate with other departments and third parties where appropriate in order to ensure the smooth running / closure of the input packages.
- Adhere to and participate in the updating of EDP's (Engineering Departmental Procedures) and LOI's (Local Office Instructions) in order to continually improve the Maintenance Planning function.
- To ensure that all computer systems (Ultramain, OMS & Sharepoint Sites) are used appropriately to perform planning functions.
We are seeking candidates that have preferably served a recognised apprenticeship in Aircraft Engineering with knowledge to the level of a Licensed Aircraft Engineer, or equivalent. Knowledge of EASA regulations Part 145, Part M, Part 21, and Air-Navigation Orders will be also be key for this role. You will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the safety and reliability issues whilst also having knowledge of current planning techniques and systems together with a good working understanding of IT in general.
You'll have experience of working within a busy planning environment and managing the planning of checks from inception to completion. Working knowledge of Maintenance Programmes planning, work pack production and methodology, Technical Records control is essential to the role. You will be able to demonstrate a high level of interpersonal, communicative skill with personal effectiveness and must be able to work unsupervised or as part of a team, being a highly motivated, professional, flexible individual with a keen attention to detail. If the above sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.