Are you an infrastructure Engineer that specialises in Google Cloud and G suite ?Looking for a new contract ? we'd love to hear from you...
Job Title: Infrastructure Engineer (EUC) Level: ITL 4 / PL 7 Location Bracknell
Infrastructure & Security
End User Compute Team
introduction:The position for a Infrastructure Development Engineer is based within the Infrastructure and Security - End User Compute (EUC) team as part of the IT department.
The team are responsible for the design, development and support of EUC infrastructure forHead Office, distribution and branch sites.
We are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to collaborate on projects with in-house teams and third parties to successfully design and integrate EUC solutions which deliver value.
Principal duties and responsibilities:? Design and integrate EUC solutions which conform with industry best practices and standards, and comply with the security policies ?
Collaborate with project teams to undertake the delivery of complex projects, with accountability of the activities relating to EUC eg planning, documentation, change management ? Works with the Service Introduction to successfully transition solutions into BAU support ?
- Contribute to the identification and delivery of service improvements within EUC and, where appropriate, deliver automation to drive efficiency
- Assist with product evaluation and the introduction of new technologies into BAU ?
- Maintain current knowledge of solutions designed and supported by EUC , and proactively keep abreast of the latest end user technologies and opportunities ?
- Provide SME knowledge and support to infrastructure teams, support teams and vendors in the analysis and resolution of incidents and problems
Essential skills:Technical experience
- Good knowledge and experience with Windows OS, specifically Windows 7 and Windows 10 ?
- Good knowledge and experience of Mobile Operating Systems (Android & iOS) ?
- Good knowledge and experience with Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) technologies for the configuration and management of mobile devices ?
- Good knowledge and experience with Microsoft Enterprise Management Tools eg Active Directory, Group Policy, SCCM
Business Skills: ?
- Ability to translate business requirements into project requirements ?
- Ability to communicate/translate technology to non-technical customers/users ?
- Ability to work with a team of Infrastructure Engineers, supporting knowledge sharing and delivery of quality solutions ?
- Experience of working with third parties/suppliers ?
Experience of change, problem and incident management in accordance with ITSM standards
- Experience with Windows Embedded POSReady and/or Windows 10 IoT Enterprise
- Knowledge of non-Microsoft Operating Systems eg MacOS, ChromeOS
- Experience with scripting languages eg Powershell, VBScript, Batch Other:
The role is primarily based at Bracknell; however, any applicant must be prepared to travel to London for meetings with our teams.
From time to time there may be a requirement to work out of hours from home, in Bracknell or on-site in branch.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.