Network Design EngineerCompany: AirbusDuration: 6 Month Contract (HIGH LIKELYHOOD of extension)Hours: Full time (8:00am-5:00pm- ALWAYS opportunities to do overtime) Location: NewportRate: Up to £325 per...
Senior Flight Controls Engineer
Carbon60 are looking for an experienced Senior Flight Controls Engineer to work in a full time permanent position based in Bristol.
As a Senior Flight Controls Engineer you will be working for a company who are designing and building revolutionary technology to make carbon-free personal travel.
The Senior Flight Controls Engineer will focus on the development, integration and certification of flight control laws. You will work with suppliers and in-house within a design and build environment.
Your duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Lead the design, development and validation of bespoke flight control laws for novel aircraft configurations.
- Showing compliance of designs to relevant aerospace standards.
- Engage effectively across related disciplines to ensure quality and robust design solutions that are understood by people with varied technical backgrounds.
- Guide and mentor junior team members.
- Manage relationships and work closely with partners and suppliers of hardware, software and technical services.
- Support the Test team as required to explore and validate technical solutions.
- Basic Qualifications / Experience
- Educated to degree level or higher in Aeronautical, Mechanical, Systems Engineering or equivalent.
- Expert knowledge of aircraft control, stability and handling qualities.
- Many years of demonstrable experience working on flight control aspects of aircraft programmes.
- Experience tuning and optimising control systems.
- Ability to apply your experience to small vehicles of novel design and operational characteristics.
- Good supporting knowledge of aerodynamics, flight characteristics and sensor technology.
- Knowledge of how to interpret aircraft certification requirements and show compliance to them.
- Understanding of the role of simulation in fast-paced engineering programmes.
- Familiarity with the requirements of ground and flight testing.
- Passionate about technology and thrive in a fast-paced environment where flexibility is essential.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas so that they are understood by different audiences.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Experience working with multiple types of air vehicle, including rotorcraft/multirotors.
- Direct involvement in flight test programmes.
- Previously held roles of responsibility for aircraft certification
- A good supporting knowledge of software development and software integration.
- Significant experience with Matlab/Simulink.
- Commitment to professional development.
Company Benefits Include;
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible benefits scheme
- Free breakfast
- Performance-based bonus
- Birthday day off
- Flexible working hours
For more information regarding the Senior Flight Controls Engineer position based in Bristol, please call Exeter Carbon60 on 01392 420613 or apply via website.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.