Trainee Technical Support EngineerOxfordshireCarbon60 are currently recruiting for a Trainee Technical Support Engineer to join a large and growing business based in Oxfordshire. This role...
The Technical Lead is responsible for providing the technical vision and direction across a range of software projects within our Product Related Software team (PRS). Reporting to the PRS Manager you will be responsible for the team's technical approach, technology decisions, architecture, technical strategy, execution and road map that will significantly impact our business.
Your key responsibilities will be:
Leadership and Technical Delivery
- Responsible for the technical vision and leading the team to execute its objectives.
- Responsible for architecture and coding pattern choices and ensuring they are adhered to.
- Lead the use of best practices and coding standards taking a proactive continuous improvement attitude.
- Identify, document and address technical risks.
- Proactively be aware of business objectives and priorities.
- Lead or contribute to the delivery of the team's functional developments and objectives.
Analysis and Quality
- Liaise with product owners, clarify and identify missing requirements and organise project and design meetings.
- Drive and support others in software design and encourage collaboration within the development team and the product owner. Ensure designs meet project requirements and are consistent with existing software quality & VI.
- Ensure the software is fully tested, follows relevant testing procedures to achieve the desired levels of software quality.
- Guide and support the development team with their understanding of the technical requirements.
- Objectively weigh up the benefits of a variety of different approaches in system design and development, utilise the skills and experience of the development team and make recommendations.
- Expected to take on more complex technical requirements or problems to solve. Such as tasks that can be ambiguous with less clarity and definition. Where understanding and assessing the impact and risks is an important factor and the development of a solution which may require conceptual / innovative thinking or code refactoring.
- Create and keep up to date design specifications and process documentation.
- Ensure existing systems are adequately supported and monitor the performance of the solution after implementation.
Technical Skill Required:
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.