Carbon60 are currently recruiting for an experienced Lead Automation Engineer who is looking to take the next step in there career.This position will be working...
- To assist in profitably engineering for the Sales and Projects Business, ensuring that the Projects are designed in a cost effective way as measured by the management accounts.
- Responsibility for all aspects related to mechanical engineering of the Sales and Projects business and accountable through the Design Engineering Manager for the successful completion of the individual projects within budget. .
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand and develop conceptual designs into detail designs to fully meet the functional and conceptual specification of secured and tendered projects in an efficient manner to add value to the business.
- Responsible for the production of mechanical design and specifications including but not limited to Process Flow diagrams, Process and Instrumentation diagrams, Functional Design Specifications, Technical Specifications, schematic drawings, detail drawings and Equipment schedules in line with the contractual requirements, ensuring such documents are produced accurately and in the timely manner.
- Liaise with CAD Designers, coordinating and leading activity in order to ensure that the design packages (Layouts, General Arrangements, Piping Drawings) are produced to the required timescales and standards of quality.
- Responsible for the design of heat recovery, heat rejection, hot water, chilled water, steam, noise attenuation and ventilation systems through technical calculations and assessments, including safety assessments.
- Pipe and pump sizing based on maximum allowable velocities and pressure losses for various fluids.
- To be aware of the contractual requirements of all Projects to produce cost effective solutions and proposals for projects.
- Liaise with Electrical Design Engineer in identifying the project requirements and on the development of the detailed design.
- Participate, and where appropriate lead, HAZOP, HAZID, OPMAN, SIL and risk assessment studies.
- Provide technical support to the Project Manager during the installation commissioning and testing phase of the project, ensuring the timely production of all necessary documentation.
- Develop understanding of biogas conditioning for anaerobic digestion of organic waste for renewable combined heat and power plants
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.