Bedford Borough Council are currently looking for an interim Manager for Building Services - to lead, organise, prioritise and manage various teams across the division.
This is a highly challenging role, which is paying around £350 per day and would be for around 4 - 6 months in duration.
The successful candidate will need to be able to effectively carry out following responsibilities:
- Managing teams. Allocating resources to the teams to ensure that programmes of work are delivered on time, to budget and to the required specification. Decide upon action to be taken when performance targets are not going to be met
- Provide professional consultancy service including the following disciplines; architectural, building surveying, contract and project management, building services
- Prepare design solutions that utilise best practice, materials and concepts that achieve efficient, sustainable and cost effective solutions
- Responsible for Health and Safety is relation to the Council's buildings in relation to operational users, e.g. Legionella, Asbestos
- Determine the most cost efficient and cost effective solution in the design, specification and procurement of Building projects
What we're looking for:
- Experience building and running high performing teams beyond direct reports. Inspirational, highly motivated, enthusiastic leader
- Qualified Building Surveyor or Registered Architect or equivalent
- Working knowledge of all relevant Standards and Codes of Practice, Building Regulations and Planning Regulations
- Computer literate with a demonstrable understanding of CAD including examples of its application
- Strong corporate orientation and a commitment to work in a broad cross cutting manner across Bedford Borough Council and its partners
If this interim position as the Building Services Manager at Bedford Borough Council is of interest, please apply to this advert to be considered for the role. Alternatively, please feel free to give Lewis a call on 01296 311323 to discuss in more detail. Thank you for your time.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.