Are you currently seeking a new Contract opportunity pr evious experience as a cost engineer ? we would love to hear from you !Role Senior...
Are you currently seeking a new Contract opportunity?
Previous experience with a range of manufacturing techniques?
Role: Associate Principal Advanced Manufacturing Engineer based in Chippenham, 7 month contract.
This role sits within the Advanced Manufacturing Team of the Automotive function.
- Assess the manufacturing requirements associated with a product, compare this to existing capability and map necessary areas for technology development to Work with other engineers, external suppliers and Universities to resolve these capability gaps through manufacturing technology development
- Generation of manufacturing documentation for new products / technologies, such as process and material flows, prototype build videos, production layouts and time studies, equipment lists and costings, PFMEAs, etc.
- Project manage and oversee implementation of equipment (from complex machines to jigs and fixtures) using both internal and external (supplier) resource
- Investigate and implement new component manufacturing solutions o Assist in the identification and selection of new manufacturing equipment suppliers
- Specification, purchase and implementation of Manufacturing Systems and equipment
- Create RFQ specifications for key manufacturing equipment
- Ability to demonstrate a sound understanding of general engineering principles
- Experience of a range of manufacturing techniques and an ability to explain them and apply them in novel and imaginative ways
- Experience of implementing manufacturing solutions in a NPI/NPD environment, preferably at assembly level in addition to component level
- Ability to drive progress and actions through an analytical and data driven approach
- Project management experience, leading and delivering technology projects into production with flawless launch, meeting productivity & quality targets
- Ability to influence decision makers (both technical and non-technical) in a challenging environment
- Degree level education in an Engineering discipline
- Extensive experience in relevant engineering roles
This is a 7 month contract based in Chippenham.
For more information please contact Leah Welsby on 01296 311427 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.