Scheduler/Buyer Penge The Scheduler will form an integral part of the production team. With a strong, solid background in scheduling; the candidate will take a...
Production Manager - Penge
Scope of Role
- To oversee the day to day activities of the Production functions at the site
- Provide site leadership to Production disciplines to improve efficiencies and quality, reduce costs and work-in-progress by proactively promoting and implementing LEAN manufacturing tools
- To improve productivity while ensuring the site meets operational goals
- Take specific responsibility for the management of staff and production cell activities
- Support new product introduction procedures/prototype activities as required
- Where appropriate quality assurance may be delegated to the Production quality control and inspection activities in accordance with the Group's approvals, commitments to customers and business management system
- Production Management
- Manage all relevant business KPIs:
- Develop cell leadership team in the use of key Operational Excellence tools, e.g. 5S, EHS audits, TPM, 5R, RCCA, Capacity planning, Waste Reductions, 1 piece flow principles
- Manage the site's capacity and capability planning to improve on-time and on-quality deliveries
- Implement a LEAN organisation throughout Operations
- Promote a progressive EH&S culture at the site
- Implement and maintain initiatives to reduce manufacturing costs
- Implement change within the Production to ensure that future expectations of customers in terms technology, costs, quality and service will be met
- Assist in setting Operations policies in collaboration with the Business Unit Director, implement improved business transaction processes, and implement programs to improve operational productivity.
- Assist in the preparation, monitor and analyse when necessary budgetary plans and forecasts for all major KPIs.
- Provide site leadership and decision support in all relevant areas of operational performance, functional strategies and capital spend plan
- Maintain a professional and effective communication at all levels, stimulating initiatives, innovations, and motivation for continuous improvements.
- Represent when requested, at conferences, meetings, corporate reviews, committees and working groups.
Management and direction of staff
- Provide leadership, presence and energy to the site Production department
- Promote and implement Lean manufacturing and supply chain processes.
- Create an atmosphere of teamwork with other members of the Operations team
- Proactively manage the Production through a major change programme
- Drive technology initiatives, investments and outsourcing programmes
- Develop the organisation through guidance, training and using the company appraisal system to manage expectation
- Develop the skills within the department to meet the needs of the business
- Manage the resource profile to meet the needs of the business and performance manage as necessary
- Assist in establishing budgets for both the annual cost of the department and New Projects and monitor accordingly
Other Responsibilities/Non-essential Functions
- Undertake training that is identified as a requirement of the role as identified by the role Manager.
- Undertake all other reasonable requests that are made by the role manager/acting manager or Directors.
- At times of reduced department staff attendance there will be a need to be flexible and provide support outside of the normal tasks of the job to ensure customer satisfaction.
- On occasion you maybe required to take on ad hoc duties which includes, but is not limited to training, department associated tasks and brief secondment to other departments.
For more information please get in contact with Jamie Birch at Carbon60 on 01329 227006 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.