Manufacturing engineerSet just off the motorway, it's extremely easy to get there and you won't get caught in any town traffic getting there! Globally recognised...
Workshop Assembly & Test Technician
Our client is a leading developer of solutions and products within the marine sector. Their products are used on both Military and Commercial marine vessels. They are looking for a Workshop Assembly & Test Technician to join their team on a 12 month contract.
- Start to Finish Shop-Orders (Unpack/Assemble/Test/Inspect/Pack)
- Configure and Test Network systems with Sensor Simulators
- Operate the loading/unloading of the environmental chamber between -15c to +55c.
- Read Engineering Drawing, Assembly Drawing and Circuit Diagrams.
- Assemble one-off or low volume (small and large) units.
- PCB Assembly, Wiring, Mechanical Assembly.
- Inform QA/Engineering of Electrical and Mechanical faults.
- Operate a Computer to Print Unit labels, Log and Maintain Excel/SharePoint Database, Programme the USB System Key & Generate a 28 Digit Security Code, Recording dongle Information and System Strings.
- Perform FAT (Factory Acceptance Tests) with Customers Inspection.
- Repair and Refurbish customer property, i.e. Radar Turning units, IMU Inertial Measurement Unit, etc. Use basic surveying instrument i.e. Theodolite, Autocollimator, Power Meter, and Oscilloscope etc.
- KPI (Key Performance Indicator)
- Maintaining data records of all systems and providing information to Management as required.
- To maintain accurate records as required within ISO and document any rejects, defects and queries to QA and Management.
Required skills and experience:
- Experience in radar systems
- Component soldering (for PCB repair)
- Surface mount PCB modification
- Wiring and prototype wiring
- Mechanical and General assembly, prototype assembly
- Computer skills.
- PC fault finding
- network windows
- loading software
- loading operating-systems
- Unit fault finding
- Fault finding to the component level
- Testing units to their test specifications
- Test sub-assembly to their test specifications
- Read electronic circuit-diagram
- Read Mechanical technical-diagrams
Please not that due to the nature of their business, this role requires UK security clearance.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.