Lead Design Engineer GloucesterRole SummaryThe role involves the full product lifecycle from New Product Introduction (NPI) through to modifying & supporting in service products on...
Customs Compliance Lead
The Customs Compliance Lead will determine tariff and export control classifications for both civil and military aircraft and marine platforms
Requirements of the role
- Determination and maintenance of correct UK and US tariff codes for all my clients designed parts at the site.
- To act as the in-house lead on tariff codes and export control classifications, providing expert guidance to other teams, including Engineering, Planning and Procurement across my clients sites. Contact with customers and suppliers will be required from time to time.
- To provide training to new and existing employees on tariff and export control classifications
- Maintenance of company information systems and procedures
- To provide occasional cover for the International Trade Compliance Lead
- Other activities that may be assigned from time to time
Requirements of the individual
- 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Knowledge and experience of working in an aviation environment would be desirable
- Proven and understanding of the UK Trade Tariff and the US Harmonized Tariff Schedule
- Proven understanding of UK military and dual-use export control classifications
- Proven understanding of US ITAR and EAR export control classifications
- Experience of MS Excel, MS Word and ERP systems
- Good attention to detail and determination to get to the right answer
- Able to interpret technical drawings and discuss/clarify technical information with internal and external engineers and specialists when required
- Good verbal and written communication skills
For more information please get in contact with Jamie Birch at Carbon60 on 01329 227006 or email@example.com
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.