We have exciting opportunities available for two Materials Agents to work for a long-established, trusted airline based at London Heathrow.You will be providing administrative support,...
Material Controller - Penge
Scope of Role
The Material Controller will form an integral part of the Materials team in the achievement of Operational objectives. With a strong, solid background in materials handling and traceability, the candidate will form part of the dynamic materials team ensuring the ability to move its flexible work force between areas of constraint. This will improve materials flow and give a better response to internal customers. This role has a diverse work load, covering all material movements within the business, from Goods In, Stores & Dispatch.
- Receive Goods at dock
- Locate stock in the appropriate location in stores
- Cycle counting/perpetual stock counts
- Pick Works Orders
- Issue Shortages
- Issue Materials to Stores
- Man Stores hatch to support operations
- Handle stores request forms
- Pack finish goods ready for shipment
- Liaise with shipping team & courier to ensure products go out on time
- Deal with all internal & external paperwork to the appropriate quality standard
- Measured business drivers Including; GI Backlog, Stores Backlog, Dispatch Backlog, Purchase Order Receipts, Daily Picks, Works Order Receipts, Cycle count activity & accuracy & Sales Orders Shipped.
Professional Knowledge & Experience
- Proven understanding of traceability
- Proven experience in material picking and issuing
- Experience in material receipt
- Experience of packing and despatch
- Experience of working with MRP systems
- Proven stock handling abilities
- Experience with stock checking
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good relationship building skills.
- Ability to drive results and obtain information from a team.
- A proven team player with creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi task, proactive and self-initiative.
- Proven ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations under pressure.
- Proven ability to effectively represent the department at internal meetings and the presentation of Supply Chain performance achievements
- Continuous development of self
Education & Qualifications
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent, Grades A-C
For more information please get in contact with Jamie Birch at Carbon60 on 01329 227006 or email@example.com
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.