Quality Improvement Engineer (With International Travel) based near Leeds, Salary £Competitive.My client is seeking a Quality Improvement Engineer who will act as a Supplier Quality...
A purchasing specialist is required to join this large manufacturing business to aid them in during the tendering phase of all projects. This purchasing professional will set the strategy for all projects during the tender phase, manage the suppliers and allocate resources within this process. The successful candidate will have a background in manufacturing businesses with experience and knowledge of contract drafting and the negotiation of supply agreements.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Adherence to company policies and procedures regarding the purchase of products and services and in accordance with the Finance department procedures applicable to Procurement.
- Work closely with Tendering to ensure that optimum price levels are reached in tendering phase of projects.
- Ensure supplier offers from tendering phase are spec compliant and finally negotiated
- Ensure close link with Strategic Procurement (global Category Management) and provide input regarding business needs.
- Involve Commercial / Legal Management (if necessary) to minimize commercial risks during contract review and clause flow-down process incl. negotiations with supplier.
- Forge strong working relationships with the Engineering and Tendering to ensure that technical queries with suppliers are addressed as far as possible during tendering phase.
- Take a proactive approach to driving continuous improvement initiatives.
- Proactively engage and support company initiatives designed to promote a culture of safe working, quality, environmental protection and continual improvement.
This individual will support tendering in achieving the best possible cost position throughout the tendering phase of projects. They will be responsible for all tendering procurement activities. Specifically this will focus on products that are bought in prior to final assembly, these would include Mechanical Seals, seal systems, turbines, Motors etc...) Once the tender phase is complete these activities will be passed to Operational Procurement in a structured format.
Much more information about this role is available by contacting Carbon60 on 01329 227037
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.